Lean Manager - Ammeraal Beltech
Originally a family-owned business, Ammeraal Beltech has over 65 years’ experience in the belting industry. It was in 1950 that Dutchman Thomas Ammeraal invented an endless woven conveyor belt to be used in the biscuit industry. The company soon began to expand beyond the Dutch borders and has since grown into a worldwide service network. However, family tradition and family values have always remained an essential part of their corporate identity.
The company is one of the world’s leaders in process and conveyor belting. Their products and engineered solutions can be found in many industries including logistics, airports, paper & print, distribution centres and in food and agricultural industry.
The organization has a global network of operating companies that serve the needs of local customers in
150 countries. Together with production plants in 6 countries and 80 Ammeraal Beltech fabrication centers, over 2400 employees deliver standard and tailor-made solutions to customers with products and 24/7 service. This combination of a geographical structure, strong market segment knowledge and dedicated product management is the foundation of the innovative and service-oriented organization. Through its purpose built R&D centres, the company develops and launches new materials, products, accessories, profiles and tools and consequently has the largest portfolio of belting products worldwide and is renowned for its high quality, performance and customer service.
They generated in 2017 a turnover of EUR 385 million, a significant proportion of which was derived from the maintenance, replacement and upgrade cycle of process and conveyor belting.
The mission is to be a leading, global operating, belting manufacturer who provides a wide variety of
products related to the process & conveyor industry. The company remains its strong market position and
creates value and solutions for its customers, while improving its operational and financial performance and driving profitable growth. In addition, the company offers an inspiring and entrepreneurial environment for its employees.
Ammeraal Beltech has a leading position in high growth, profitable and diverse industry segments and
geographic markets. Future growth can be achieved by focusing on emerging markets and strengthening
penetration in strategic geographies, such as US and Asia, and industry segments. The company also has a track record of completing acquisitions and will continue to evaluate opportunities in the future.
Ammeraal Beltech’s strategy is based on strategic customer penetration, OEM customer focus, cross-selling performance and operational excellence. Further, they have strong product development capabilities which deliver reliable, innovative and high quality new products. These strategies capitalize on their global presence, customer intimacy and recent investments in order to generate growth.
Optimization of business processes
The company operates integrated, global manufacturing and distribution infrastructure which is located near customers and ensures the rapid production and delivery of customized belts globally. This set-up is
enhanced by their technical know-how, expertise, process efficiency and high service levels.
The new Manager Lean will facilitate implementation of Lean within the site and functional areas to enable profitable growth, intensify the customer experience and increase employee engagement. He/she will lead efforts to realize synergies and maximize quality through optimization of processes. The Lean Manager will partner with key stakeholders to develop multi-year plans, create a Lean roadmap, and lead Kaizen events to improve systems and eliminate waste. As part of the Kaizen process, you will facilitate a wide range of Lean tools, including, but not limited to VSM, Standard work, 5S, Cell design, SMED, Material flow, Heijunka, Kanban. It involves coaching of teams in the development and maturity of the Lean management system (Daily Management boards, Gemba walks). You will be part of the operations team and report to the Managing Director. Furthermore you will participate in corporate and business unit project teams to improve the companies supply chain.
- In conjunction with the MD and Lean Director, identify, develop and implement Lean tools and
methods that follow the Lean methodology.
- Responsible for facilitating/enabling the further implementation of the Lean Implementation plan to
support the site to become Center of Excellence. The Lean Manager will lead, teach and coach
employees at all levels on Lean manufacturing processes. Amongst others you will develop and deliver
Lean training material to include VSM, cell design, kanban, policy deployment, pokayoke, 5S, and
- Act as a change agent, establish and mature the Lean Management System (tiered Daily Management
systems, Gemba walks) and other coaching tools to transform the culture.
- Work closely with the Management team to identify ways to accelerate the culture change necessary
to support the Lean program in the plant and drive best practices across the business.
- Work with the Lean Director and global Lean team to develop/promote/standardize Lean in the
- Challenge stakeholders within the site to create an action-biased culture of continuous improvement
and accountability to improve their KPI’s, including growth, productivity, asset utilization, inventory,
and customer allegiance.
- Identify best practices within the site and serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing.
- Prepare, monitor and evaluate reports to facilitate the attainment of yearly and strategic goals.
- Own and lead to completion cross functional improvement activities that are tied to critical
improvement areas for the business, including analysis of the production processes in order to
increase efficiency and productivity.
- Bring suggestions for improvement and optimization of processes in manufacturing and nonmanufacturing
The strategic agenda is as follows:
- Processes optimization – the Manager Lean plays a leading role in harmonizing and optimizing
processes with the aim to maximize quality, to save cost and quick changeover
- Utilization – the Manager Lean is, along with key stakeholders, responsible for a well-balanced utilization of manpower and equipment within the site.
- Best Practices – the Manager Lean implements a Best Practice attitude in the organization to ensure that the quality of the services is improving.
The Manager Lean reports to the Managing Director Peter Post and will receive support from specialized
colleagues in the regions.
The candidate is an experienced professional with a proven track record in implementing the continuous
improvement tools and methods necessary - centred around the Ammeraal Business System - in an
international environment. Main goal of the candidate is to improve the overall quality by optimizing people, processes and equipment.
The ideal candidate is an experienced manager with strong leadership skills who knows how to shape
common goals above personal agendas and knows how to create a basis for improvement within the site. This calls for a hands on approach, paired with both organizational and people sensitivity, trust and integrity. He/she can handle and control stress, is results driven and able to motivate and coach stakeholders to achieve (high) quality results.
This aspect of fitting in with the culture will be an important element in finding the right candidate for
Ammeraal Beltech, next of course to the required competencies. The candidate needs to be comfortable
with a developing Lean department and willing to help to organize and to grow the site as a whole. It is not necessarily required that the candidate is knowledgeable on the specific service portfolio of Ammeraal Beltech. However, affinity with technical topics and work-related experience is necessary.
The following personal characteristics are crucial: calm and collected, down to earth, hands-on and
persuasive. The candidate has flair but is not too flamboyant. He/she knows how to get the job done and is able to make (difficult) decisions without always having to follow the standard methodology.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree with a technical background and strong
- Certified Lean manager, having hands on experience using Lean,
TPM, 6 Sigma, TQM, 5S, and/or six sigma principles
- Working knowledge of other business functions paired with a strong
personality to be able to take others with you on the Lean journey
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both
non-operational and operational areas
- 3+ years Lean Transformations experience in industrial
manufacturing, educating others on Lean principles and deployment
- A Lean professional with extensive experience driving a Lean
business system across a cross-functional organization with
outstanding business results
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Dutch is required
- Great communicator, including accomplished written, oral and presentational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with all levels in the organization
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex
Reward package / Compensation package
A comprehensive compensation package, comprising base salary, bonus and benefits, will be made available to attract outstanding candidates and will reflect the importance of this appointment to the future growth of Ammeraal Beltech.
- Pre-selection of potential candidates is performed by the search team of Berwick Partners, including
interviews with responsible partner(s)
- Most suitable candidates will be selected in meeting with Ammeraal Beltech
- Two rounds of interviews with stakeholders of Ammeraal Beltech
- Discuss and conclude on terms of employment and reward package
- Reference check and screening prior to commencement of employment
+ 3185 0479 389
+ 316 1482 7163
+316 3636 0924
+3185 064 0136
+316 4087 2909